The knives in the MIYABI 5000MCD series combine functionality with good looks in a supremely harmonious way.
Since time immemorial, aesthetics have played a key role in Japanese cuisine. The look of a dish and the way it is presented on the plate are just as much a part of the pleasure as its taste and aroma. In the kitchen Japanese chefs are just as demanding where aesthetics are concerned as they over functionality. The MIYABI 5000MCD series of knives provides professionals and ambitious hobby chefs with a set of precision tools that combine perfect functionality and ergonomics with unique design.
MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel is a high-grade steel for premium uses. The specific blade structure and revolutionary hardening process endow the CRYODUR® blades with exceptional hardness (approx. 63 HRC) and optimum sharpness retention.
- Blade core of extremely hard MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel.
- CRYODUR® blade, hardened using a specially developed process (including ice-hardening at –196°C) that guarantees extreme hardness.
- Symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke honing.
- Thin, stable blade with authentic Japanese blade profile: symmetrical cutting edge with 19° angle
- Traditional “D” handle of Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.